MUST-SEE MOVIES REQUIRED FOR A SUCCESSFUL EXISTENCE

Why it’s famous:

One of Quentin Tarantino’s most famous movies, Kill Bill is an epic, non-sequential, neatly scored blend of cinematographic styles. It brings together an incredible cast of actors to tell the thrilling tale of the revenge of the deadliest woman in the world.

Famous lines:

Copperhead: So when do we do this?

The Bride: It all depends. When do you want to die? Tomorrow? The day after tomorrow?

The Bride: It’s mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality.

Budd: That woman deserves her revenge and we deserve to die.

Why you haven’t seen it:

You figured any movie with a beautiful blonde woman and a samurai sword on the poster could be nothing more than a cheap American take on a martial arts movie. Americans can’t get anything right. (Clearly, you aren’t aware of the implications of the phrase “Tarantino movie”.)

Why it might be tough to get through:

If you like your movies linear, the confusion inflicted upon you for the majority of the movie might prove a little frustrating. Also, if you still don’t know what the phrase “Tarantino movie” means (shame on you), you deserve the shock that comes with finding out.

Why you should see it anyway:

Once you figure the story out, you will understand the beauty of this movie. Not only does it comment on the human desire for vengeance, it also displays the beauty, strength, and limitless nature of motherly love, especially when that mother is a trained assassin.

Fun Facts:

• The shot where the Bride splits a baseball in two with a samurai sword was done for real on the set. It was done by Zoë Bell, Uma Thurman’s stunt double.

• Despite being bleeped out in the film, the name of the Bride is revealed to be Beatrix Kiddo on her plane tickets to Okinawa and Tokyo.