Reading Time: < 1 minute

Nine motions dropped, six deferred

The term’s last meeting of the Student Federation of the University of Ottawa (SFUO) Board of Administration (BOA) was cut short when it lost quorum.

The BOA met April 6 for its final meeting with barely enough members present to meet the quorum requirement of 13. Fourteen members were present and passed three motions before some members left and quorum was lost.

Nine of the proposed motions were left unread and therefore not debated, so will be dropped, because it was the last meeting of the term.

The board started the meeting with a second reading of Bylaw 4, constitutional election changes that the board has been debating for several months, and passed the motion.

Members also debated and passed a motion to contact the McDonald’s on Rideau Street to discuss security measures. According to SFUO president Anne-Marie Roy, many students frequent that McDonald’s, so their security may become an issue.

The board also passed a motion to lobby for a napping centre on campus. With the planning of new buildings, the SFUO hopes to create a “communal lounge,” according to Roy. The motion passed.

Following those motions, a few members of the board had other engagements, so they left the meeting, which caused the board to lose quorum. The BOA decided to adjourn.

Roy said incoming board members would have the option of bringing those motions back to the agenda. She added that outgoing board members who have unread motions could ask an incoming board member to present them