Construction continues for the planned learning centre. Photo: Marta Kierkus

Last week, students at the University of Ottawa flooded back onto campus—or at least most of campus. Construction projects taking place at the university have left the campus looking somewhat scarred, and some students aren’t impressed.

One project, the future Learning Centre, is currently under construction behind the Lamoureux building, on the corner of Marie Curie and Louis Pasteur.

The building is set to be completed in December  2017, which means construction will continue for some time.

Another project is the former parking lot near the Faculty of Social Sciences building, which is being turned into a campus green space.

“Construction on the University Square did indeed start on time and is expected to be completed by December of this year,” Néomie Duval, acting manager of media relations at the university, said in an email to the Fulcrum.

These developments come after the recent completion of other construction projects, including the lawn in front of Tabaret hall, and the new Advanced Research Complex (by the Minto Sports Complex), which is home to the university’s Photonics and Earth Sciences departments.

The university also released its master plan last year, detailing all the major projects it plans to undertake in the next few decades.

The City of Ottawa’s Light Rail Transit system, will also be coming to the U of O, guaranteeing noisy frosh weeks for several years to come.