Ahh, Valentine’s Day. One of the first things that comes to mind for most people during this time of year is chocolate. Whether it’s a heart-shaped box of chocolates for that special someone, indulging in chocolate cake with your BFFs for Galentine’s Day, or sad and alone watching Netflix in bed and gorging yourself with chocolate ice cream straight from the tub (I really hope this isn’t any of you), chocolate is pretty much a necessity. But if you’re trying to eat right or stick to a diet, how on Earth do you treat yourself?
Don’t fear—not only is today’s FulcFit recipe vegan and low in processed sugar, it’s also delicious and quick to prepare, with just a couple ingredients that you likely have lying around in your pantry and fridge. So ditch the overpriced, fancy restaurant, and impress that cutie from chemistry class with this perfect end to a home-cooked dinner instead. Or, grab three friends and double the recipe for all of you to share, because who needs a relationship anyway? And if you have no s/o and no friends, then just eat all of it yourself, because you deserve to.
- Two large avocados
- Three tablespoons of cocoa powder
- Three tablespoons of honey or maple syrup (the pure kind, none of that processed stuff)
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Three tablespoons of almond milk
- A few raspberries
- Throw all the ingredients, minus the raspberries into a food processor
- Blend until you have a silky, smooth texture
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving
- Serve the mousse into two wine glasses or any other aesthetically pleasing glass or bowl
- Garnish with raspberries and enjoy!
Remember, if you’re single this Valentine’s Day, that’s nothing to be embarrassed or sad about. Don’t let relationships and dating define your self-worth!