Online Exclusives

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Photo by Ron Sombilon (CC)

What do Michael Jordan, Mike Tyson, P. K. Subban, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Will Ferrell, and Zach Galifianakis have in common? They all have been interviewed by Cabbie Richards.

There’s an expectation of journalists and media personalities to ask the tough questions and find the most interesting stories. But sometimes the silliest questions and antics make the best features. And for the last decade, Richards has proven that.

Click here for the audio interview with Cabbie Richards

Since his days on the Score, he’s made us laugh by interviewing Will Ferrell in a bathroom stall, taking selfies with NHL players, and hugging Michael Jordan, to name a few examples. He, along with former TSN favourites Jay Onrait and Dan O’Toole, have brought humour to the world of sports reporting.

Richards might be most famously known for his numerous interviews and interactions with NBA superstar Kobe Bryant. This relation has given Richards some notoriety south of the border, as ESPN once did a feature on him as the guy who got the crazy features with Bryant. Richards is not only a breath of fresh air for the industry, but also for the people he interviews, as they are often happy to answer questions that do not relate to the game they play or to their upcoming projects.

Richards has made a living and reached fame by not only being original, but just by being himself. As he continues to look for the next creative way to make us laugh and to interview fellow athletes and celebrities, this might just be the beginning for this good ol’ Canadian boy.