The Fulcrum is now hiring its 2017-18 editorial board! To apply for a position, please submit the required items by Friday May 5 at 5 p.m. by email to email@example.com.
Social media manager
- Schedule promotion of all online content (posting times, which platform, live tweets, etc.) with the approval of the Editor-in-Chief.
- Make sure staff follows rules stipulated in the social media guide.
- Engage with online readership comments under supervision of the Editor-in-Chief and under guidance of the social media policy.
- Prepare weekly analytics reports from data collected across multiple platforms, and make recommendations on how to improve traffic.
- Re-package older content for promotion.
- Create social media branding strategy no later than July 1 to be reviewed by Editor-in-Chief.
- Collaborates with the Editorial Board on the production of the weekly newsletter, and manages its distribution.
- Assist Editor-in-Chief in volunteer relations and campus outreach/visibility initiatives.
- Event and fundraiser promotion planning in conjunction with section editors.
- Seeks and oversees volunteers to assist in social media responsibilities.
- Review social media guide and make any necessary modifications at least once during tenure.
- Please submit a resume, cover letter, and platform. You may also submit any additional materials that demonstrate your social media abilities.
- Applicants who submit a complete and competitive application will be invited to write a knowledge and editing test. They must receive 50 per cent or higher on each in order to be considered for an interview.
Applicant’s note: A competitive platform will outline your vision and goals for the position for the upcoming year. This document can be any page length or word count. If you would like to view examples of past platforms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.