The Fulcrum is now hiring a News Editor!
The News Editor plays a crucial role at the Fulcrum. By covering breaking news on campus and the Sandy Hill area, student politics, and other important events, the News Editor is the go-to person for keeping students up to date on everything at the University of Ottawa.
- Solicitation of contributors to a particular section
- Be responsible for content of a particular section
- Assign articles to contributors
- Ensure production deadlines are met
- Edit contents, structure, and style of all submitted copy for that section
- Regularly attend staff, volunteer and Editorial Board meetings
Salary: $375/ issue
Applicants must submit their resumé, two unedited writing samples, and a short, 1-2 page platform about how their plans for a successful news section this year. Applications must be submitted to email@example.com by Tuesday, October 10th. Successful applicants will write a knowledge and editing test. Those who pass will move on to an interview.