Five current exec members in the running for re-election

The Student Federation of the University of Ottawa (SFUO) elections committee has released the official list of candidates for the 2014 elections and referendum.

The elections will take place Feb. 12–13 and will include a referendum on the creation of General Assemblies as the highest decision-making body of the student federation.

Representing the Student Action slate, five of the six existing SFUO executive members will run for re-election, with three of five hoping to return to their current positions. SFUO president Anne-Marie Roy, vp finance Dave Eaton, and vp university affairs Chris Hynes are all campaigning to maintain their current posts.

Current vp equity Nicole Desnoyers is running for the vp services and communications position now held by Ikram Hamoud. Hamoud is running for vp social, the position currently occupied by Pat Marquis, who is not running for re-election.

The 1Campus slate put forward four executive candidates:Arno Van Dijk for vp finance, Kaitlynne-Rae Landry for vp university affairs, Yaneric Bisaillon for vp services and communications, and Jesse Wetzl for vp social.

The Super Party slate put forward five candidates: Igor Antonio for president, Marissa Harfouche for vp services and communications, Roy Younes for vp finance, Josée Younes for vp equity, and Joyce Younes for vp social.

There are two independent candidates for executive positions. Maya McDonald and Hadyn Place are both running for the vp equity position.

The full list of candidates, including those running for Board of Administration and Senate positions, is available here.