Board of Directors

2022-23 Board of Directors

Voting Members Ex-officio Members
Continuity Rep: Kalki Nagaratnam (President) Executive Director: Ludvica Boota
Staff Rep: Brendan Keane (Vice-President) Editor-in-Chief: Jasmine McKnight
Community Rep: Samuel Coulavin (Chair) Editor-in-Chief: Hailey Otten
Community Rep: Mark Asfar  
Community Rep: Claire Liu  
Fulcrum Alumnus: Emma Godmere  
Staff Rep: Keelan Buck  
Student Rep: Amit Shanbhoug  
Student Rep: Erik Chin  
Student Rep: Chaymaa Nadi

Vacant: University Rep, Student Rep 

About

The Board of Directors is a dedicated group of volunteers who meet to discuss financial, legal, HR, operational, and strategic planning matters for The Fulcrum Publishing Society (FPS), with a view to the best interests of the membership and the Corporation. The Board ensures effective governance and oversight of the Fulcrum and efficient management of the Corporation. 

The twelve-member team is elected at the Annual General Meeting and consists of current University of Ottawa students and members of the Fulcrum, University, and community. Vacant board positions are advertised throughout the year. The Board takes great pride in providing its members the opportunity to learn and participate in various aspects of not-for-profit governance and develop their expertise in an inclusive and welcoming environment.

Access our bylaws & policies, audits, and most recent budget. The Board meeting minutes are available below. Board meetings take place monthly on the fourth Sunday of the month at 10:00 AM. Anyone is welcome to attend. 

To inquire about the location of the next Board meeting or learn more about the Board or the Corporation, please email president@thefulcrum.ca.

Provisional By-laws Amendment 

By-law #2, Section 5.01n – Original Language:

The Board shall appoint, not later than its first meeting following the Board taking office, all individuals to sit on any committees that are required. 

By-law #2, Section 5.01n – Amended Language:

The Board shall appoint, at its earliest convenience, all individuals to sit on any committees that are required and may amend this membership from time to time. 

Purpose of Amendment:

Board Recruitment currently occurs on a rolling basis and this clause is being amended to permit new board members to participate on a board committee.

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes