The Fulcrum is the University of Ottawa’s independent English-language student news outlet, now publishing exclusively online. Since 1942, we’ve provided the university with quality news and its students with invaluable opportunities for learning and growth. We’re a dynamic workplace located on campus, led by a small but mighty team.
We’re looking for a videographer to create innovative and creative short videos to pair with our coverage of the U of O and the city as a whole. The ideal applicant should have previous experience filming, editing, and packaging videos for publication. The videographer will work in collaboration with section editors and will hold one of 10 spots on the Fulcrum’s editorial board. More specifically, the videographer…
- Films, edits and packages one short video a week, typically focusing on a city-wide or campus story impacting students, an eye-catching or visually stimulating event, an in-depth interview with a person of interest, or a short documentary feature
- Regularly attends editorial board and contributor meetings (each held once per week), pitching video ideas to editors and working in collaboration with contributors on videos
- Collaborates with the art director to develop video content for articles
- Collaborates with the online editor to package finished videos for social media
- Must have some knowledge of Canadian Press style, spelling and grammar, with an understanding of the fundamentals of videography and video editing
- Must have some experience working with social media, especially with video promotion
- Reports to the editor-in-chief and art director, as well as section editors as applicable
This is a short-term paid position ($14/hour, 15 hours per week) and runs from Feb. 24 to April 1, 2020.
To apply, submit a copy of your resume, a cover letter, a platform of your vision for the videographer position and two video samples to email@example.com
The deadline to apply is Feb. 10. We thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a knowledge/editing test and an interview.