Would you like some philosophy with your pants?

YOGA PANT PEDDLER lululemon has come under fire recently for a new slogan the company has printed on their shopping bags. The phrase, which reads “Who is John Galt?,” refers to capitalism-touting author Ayn Rand’s novel Atlas Shrugged. While about half of the company’s clientele has embraced the message, the other half has indignantly declared their intention to buy overpriced pants elsewhere. Given this is the same company that has printed such gems as “Children are the orgasm of life” on their bags in the past, should shoppers be surprised by the new slogan? Does shopping at a given store necessarily require you to subscribe to its corporate philosophy or should anti-capitalist shoppers realize how hypocritical they’ve been by just walking in the door?

Drunk on gel

ALCOHOLICS IN ENGLAND are getting inventive. Local drinkers are taking advantage of the hand sanitizer next to hospital beds to get drunk on the public dime. Hospital staff has reported the theft of the gel, which is 78 per cent alcohol, by patients and visitors. In one incident a man was charged and sentenced to 50 hours of volunteer work after consuming four bottles of the sanitizer at a hospital in Ashford. While the simple solution would be to take the sanitizer away, citizens are concerned this would result in decreased sanitation amongst hospital workers. Should the bottles be left out in the open for alcoholics to consume, or should the risk of drunkenness trump sanitation standards?

Going to get me some of that money

THINGS ARE GETTING bitter now that Demi Moore has finally gone public with her plans to divorce her cheating husband Ashton Kutcher. The 49-year-old actress allegedly encouraged her legal team to go after his millions, despite a prenuptial agreement she insisted upon that prevents her from accessing his independent income. While Kutcher was the party that effectively put an end to the marriage, is it right Moore wants more now that it’s over, or should she be happy with the agreement she signed prior to their wedding?

—Jaclyn Lytle