Try these fun new ideas for a no-fuss makeup look that’ll leave you looking like the life of the party. Photo: Jaclyn McRae-Sadik

School is just about under way, which means you’ll soon be welcoming sleepless nights, long study sessions, and, most importantly, res parties.

In light of this, the Fulcrum is here to show you a no fail, go-to party makeup look.

The key to perfecting this look is to appear as if you didn’t try too hard, in a low-key rock star kind of way—think current Hollywood “cool girl” Cara Delevigne.

With some skill and a little luck, you’ll be able to incorporate this season’s three major beauty trends into a 15-minute party makeup look.

Smudged eyeliner

The beginning and end of every party look is dark black eyeliner. But rather than spending hours perfecting a cat-eye wing, this season it’s all about the “lived in” look.

Rim your top and bottom lash lines with black eyeliner, and don’t forget your waterline. Simply use your fingers to smudge the liner around rather than grabbing a brush.

The best part of this trick is that there are no rules. Smudge less for a more intense look, and up the smudge factor if you’re into the whole smoky eye shadow thing. The key takeaway is to leave precision on the doorstep.

Flushed cheeks

When your eye makeup game is on point, you want to make sure that the rest of your makeup is on the softer side. An orange-based blush will do the trick. If your skin type is dry, grab a cream blush. You can apply and blend it in with your fingers or a beauty blender.

If your skin is combination or oily, a bright peach powder blush will pair well with the smudged liner. The focus of this look is not on the cheeks, so don’t overdose when applying the blush.

Also, here’s a little trick—add a hint of blush to your eye crease. It pulls the whole look together.

Lip service

Every year, fall beauty trends always include deep crimson reds and maroon lips. This year is no different, but muted pinks have also been incorporated in fall’s lipstick palette.

Let your lips do the talking and show off your personality. If you have a bold persona, a red pout will perfectly complement your party look. If you’re a playful person, a rose-coloured lip will suit you perfectly. If a full-on opaque lip isn’t for you, a lip stain will work as well. Navy blue is always a great option too if you want to indulge in your darker side.

Hair today, gone tomorrow

All you need to complete your look is an un-done, no-fuss hairstyle. Work with your natural hair texture and let your waves and curls run free. If you prefer an updo, twist your hair into a low bun. Don’t worry about it looking perfect. Allow wisps of hair to fall out and frame your face.

At the end of the day it’s a party, and no one ever leaves looking as perfect as they came in. But remember, the best look is confidence. No matter what style you’re rocking, go out and have a good time.