Blog

School is back in session and there’s a bite to the breeze that doesn’t fade with the morning. But that doesn’t mean Ottawa’s gearing up for hibernation.

Round up some friends, grab a warm beverage and get into autumn in the Capital.

Photos by KayCie Gravelle 

Free yoga on Parliament Hill | Runs until September 25

There’s only a few sessions left but the brisk weather shouldn’t keep you and your yoga mat at home. Join Lulu Lemon the next three wednesdays and get your stretch on, it’s a great way to keep your fitness routine going as summer fades.

Tastes of the Byward Market | Runs every Saturday and Sunday until October 27

byward2

The Byward Market is always fun and now you can get to know it even better. On this tour you’ll meet chefs, producers, and food artisans and spend a day experiencing the market in a delicious new way. While the cost is a little steep ($55), if you consider yourself a “foodie” this is a tour not to be missed.

Ottawa Farmers’ Market | Runs every Sunday until November 3 

Byward

Delicious fresh produce, baked goods, flowers, and crafts can all be found at the Ottawa Farmers’ Market. With locations in Centretown, Westboro, and Orleans, it’s hard to miss out on all that these markets have to offer.

fallolives

Vendors include:

• 5 Cupcakes — gluten-free bakery
  • A Pinch of Penny’s Kitchen — salad dressings, spice blends, and hot sauces
  • Baby Retredz — soft-soled leather shoes, seasonal outerwear, and infant toys
  • Grazing Days — grass-fed beef
  • It’s a Matter of Cake (Xposed) — unique flavoured cakes including maple carrot, peanut butter crunch, and peach tea

For a full list of vendors and to find the market closest to you, click here.

Ottawa Fashion Week | September 1315

Heading into its 10th year, Ottawa Fashion Week (OFW) is once again showcasing both local and international designers and continuing its support of local artists from all mediums. OFW is happening at the Hilton Lac Leamy hotel in Gatineau. Tickets can be purchased here.

Look for OFW coverage in upcoming issues of the Fulcrum!

Star Wars Identities | Runs until October 14 at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 12.49.34 PM

See dozens of character costumes and props while going on your own Star Wars quest and finding the force within.

Bonus: your ticket not only includes admission to the Star Wars Identities exhibit but also includes free admission to the Canada Aviation and Space Museum and 50 per cent off admission to both the Canada Science and Technology Museum and the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum until Nov. 5.

See? No need to get down with the temperature. Chins up, scarves on—there’s fun to be had.