Food

In the world of beer pairings, people seldom think to include vegetarian fare on their menus. Swap the heavy meet pairings with this budget-friendly, easy to prepare, vegetarian meal that could even impress your parents.

[styled_box title=”Na’an bread with sliced apples, Brie cheese and roasted garlic cloves” color=”orange”]Paired with: Beyond the Pale’s ‘Breaking Bitter”

Ingredients:

1–2 small wheels brie cheese
1–2 garlic bulbs
Granny Smith apples
Naan bread (whichever style you prefer)

Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
You can roast, bake, and toast the garlic, brie, and naan all at this temperature but because the garlic takes longer, start with that.

To prepare the garlic. peel most of the bulb skin covering off but leave the bulbs intact as much as possible.
Take a sharp kinfe and cut the top ¼ inch off the cloves.
place them in a slightly buttered pan (muffin or loaf pans work well).
Roast at 400F for about 20-30 minutes or until garlic is fragrant, soft and buttery.

For the brie, about 15 minutes in to the garlic roasting, pop them into a slightly greased pan and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is hot and gooey.
The naan bread can be toasted for about two to three minutes at the same temperature before serving while the other items are finishing.

While everything is roasting, slice some Granny Smith apples.
When served, people can grab a piece of bread, smear some garlic cloves, hot brie, and topped with apple.

The sweetness of apple, and the contrast of garlic pair very well with the Bitter to create a well-rounded balance of flavours. [/styled_box]