ANDY WARHOL USED to trade paintings for desserts at Serendipity 3, a popular New York City ice cream parlour that has been visited by the likes of Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable throughout its 57 years in business. Serendipity 3 owners and a select group of guests are planning to reconnect with the ice cream parlor’s famous past by holding a seance.

Char Margolis, a well-known psychic medium who famously revealed Kelly Ripa’s pregnancy on live TV, will lead the group. Other guests include Oscar-nominated actress Sylvia Miles and James Warhol, Andy Warhol’s nephew.

Margolis can’t guarantee any of Serendipity 3’s famous patrons will speak at the seance.

“It depends who has something to say—it might be a former waiter who wants to speak,” Margolis told the Huffington Post.

Even if a famous star like Monroe did appear, those present aren’t likely to get the inside scoop on the circumstances of her death. Margolis explained spirits who make appearances are those who have a message for someone in attendance.

But the attendees aren’t all interested in asking the dead big questions. One woman wants nothing more than Monroe’s stuffing recipe. TV producer Jimmy Floyd, on the other hand, wants to know if sex is great in the afterlife.

Of course, the seance has its skeptics. There were those who doubt Margolis’ ability to connect with the dead, but Floyd thinks having pessimists at the seance could be valuable.

He compared the mix of skeptics and believers in a room to the mix of positive and negative charges in a battery—it’s essential for a balanced flow of spiritual energy used to summon ghosts.

—Abria Mattina