They’ll make you laugh, they’ll make you cry…
IT’S THE MOST wonderful time of the year… Or is it? Whether Christmas brings you joy and warmth or fear and loathing, there is something we all can agree on: Some holiday-themed movies are fantastic and others are complete duds. The following is a list of the best and worst films to watch or avoid this holiday season.
1. It’s a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street appeal to the sentimentalist in all of us.
2. For good, clean, family fun, look no further than Home Alone.
3. Regardless of whether you’re coupled up, there’s something for everyone in Love, Actually.
4. A Christmas Story is so beloved many television stations play it around the clock on Dec. 25.
5. Feeling nostalgic? A Charlie Brown Christmas is one child-friendly movie definitely worth rewatching.
1. Recently broken up with your mate? The Family Stone is sure to cause multiple trips to the LCBO.
2. Anyone with daddy issues should skip The Santa Clause. On second thought, avoiding Tim Allen is a safe bet for everyone.
3. For the one or two of you out there who wish to make sense of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s illegitimate child, check out Jingle All the Way.
4. The Home Alone sequels. Enough said.
5. Watching Silent Night, Deadly Night practically guarantees you’ll sink into a deep depression.