Uncategorized

The top 10 tackiest souvenirs you shouldn’t bother buying
YOU’RE IN THE midst of enjoying a fabulous vacation and you know you’ll want to remember it forever. Sure, you’ve taken 300 photos of yourself posing in front of various monuments and landscapes, but you need something more tangible to really remind yourself of your trip. You decide to hit up the souvenir shop—but stop right there! Put down the kitsch memento and ask yourself, “Do I really need this item?” Chances are you don’t, so back away slowly and save your money for something worthwhile.

Mini spoons
Tacky trinket-collecting travellers beware. This strangely popular souvenir will either get lost in a drawer at home or will be added to the wall of collectables that people will pretend to admire yet secretly judge.

Decorative plates
You all know what I’m talking about—those useless plates decorated with a city’s map or monuments. Are you actually going to eat off these plates? If not, pass!

Cooking apron depicting Michelangelo’s naked David statue
Highly overrated and just a bad idea in general. No nudes near the stove, please.

Leaning Tower of Pisa underpants
These boxer shorts are unfunny, unflattering, and serve no purpose other than to make us think that something else has a hard time standing up straight.

Hand-painted trinket box

Really, what can you even fit into these impossibly small, useless wooden boxes?

Sombreros
They’re a hassle to travel with and a hassle to store. It may seem like a good idea when you’re walking on the beach with your mojito in hand, but tell me: Where have you seen a sombrero tastefully displayed back home?

“I heart (insert city name)”  T-shirts
People will look and judge.

Mini figurines
These cheap treasures do nothing but clutter a room.
Magnets
How many magnets does one really need? Although these tempting tacky trinkets seem like a cheap way to remember a vacation, they ruin any respectable magnetic surface.

The ultimate guilty pleasure of all souvenir collectors is the key chain. Nobody wants to be weighed down by 45 different useless pieces of metal and plastic, so just say no.